Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A little break for you guys

My youthful ward Krista Young has pointed the finger of blame at me. With angry visage she raised it and cried, "J'accuse!"

Why? Because I didn 't put the posting up until this afternoon. I hardly thought the time would matter, since everyone ignores the post until around 7 pm the night before class. Anyway, I did announce the assignment in class.

Still, my hard-won reputation as all-around good guy is in danger. What can I do?

I know -- I'll let you guys turn this written assignment in by Friday -- either e-mailed to me, or handed to Ms. Pandey (lower north) or Mr. Hughes (upper north), my carpool pals who will bring your stuff home to me. If you delay your post for "Those Winter Sundays", do it by Friday night or it will be too late. Besides, there will be a further assignment -- an essay -- over the weekend. (Yes, poetry -- too often dismissed as sensitive sissy stuff -- is, truth to tell, tough, tough, tough. (Dig that alliteration!)

We'll take advantage of the reprieve to discuss the poem and take notes, so you can write a better analysis than you might otherwise have done. We expect you to be thorough with these questions -- some of the Terence work was downright laughable.

Cheers,
JD

No comments: