Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SMITHS

Well, today is Thanksgiving and what more can we be thankful for than having Hayden and Addison here to entertain us and be the great palios that they are. Let's all go back to memory lane and see all the things that Hayden and Addison has done for us...

I didn't know either one personally until seventh grade jazz band. Bus ride to Mt Hood Community College to play at a competition, I'm laughing my brains out for reasons unknown and then Emily Harris is like "hey maybe there's a word that will always make Thanh laugh" and booger was born. Emily, Addison, Hayden, and Ryan would always say that to me whenever they felt like it, and I would always laugh. It's the greatest word in the world. Addison would be soo mean and say booger when I was trying to play a solo and make me mess up. Unbelievable. Basically, only those four can really say booger right and make me laugh. Something about remembering the day again. That was an awesome day...

And then lets see. O okay, so another band moment. What was this, sophomore year? yea, I sat next to Addison in band and he knew I was really ticklish. Like, "haha, let's see Thanh jump out of her seat by a minor poke" Weeell, Addison doesn't just to the poke, but he does the egg drop on the knee, and holy cow that takes the cake. One time he did that, I dropped my trumpet and broke it. I'm just giving him a hard time, but it was alright. He's still a swell kid.

Here's a calc moment with Hayden. Recently we had this field trip to watch this lecture about something. And then right in the middle, I guess Hayden was trying to hold in a sneeze? hahaha gee whiz, it was more of an explosion than anything else. Right in the middle of the lecture. O, but there were two times when hahaha omg, when Hayden was talking and then all of a sudden he would drool excessively. Like a huge glob of spit would just fall out of his mouth. hahaha aww good times good times...

Well, there are so many more memories I have with them two. I had pictures to put up but I can't really do it right now. Today is just a day to embarrass the Hayddisons. So if you have any embarrassing moments that you have of them, go ahead and post it up! Happy 18th you guys, and like Mr. Warner would say "now you guys are eligible to go to jail."

Hayden, I'll see you in forty years so stay fresh ;]

6 comments:

David Kim said...

While reading this prompt, I was particularly struck by paragraph four. Here, the author presents a masterfully-crafted, obviously-metaphorical anecdote that I somehow felt a close relation to--as if I, too, had an "sneeze"-y experience with these "Smiths" at a "lecture about something"...

no, but seriously
Damn. twelve minutes too late to say "Happy Birthday."
Hmm. What are the odds that the twins themselves won't see this heartfelt message before Monday, I wonder?

I'll try to think of some Golden Calculus Moments (tm) to share, in any case.

M Cornea said...

Happy birthday to the Smiths, happy belated Thanksgiving and happy Black Friday to all. I'm thinking of going to Best Buy to buy some of those computer chips to punch into my mobo and get that baby into OVER-drive!

Alexander Fine said...

I found David's post humorous.

Chelsea T. said...

A few entertaining moments with Hayden.

-Sophmore year in French Hayden dressed up gangster for a skit.

-Last year when he wore slacks, he looked ridiculous.

-A football game last year when I brought candy corn and he was incredibly hyper and scared a poor freshman in band.

-Last week at the Apple Pie Band concert when he was demonstrating a swing dance move and almost dropped Hannah on her head.

There are many more but I can't think of them right now. Happy Birthday guys. You are all awesome.

Unknown said...

chelsea, I totally remember the slacks thing from french. hayden was in my group when we had to write our french songs and we incorporated that into our song. haha. hayden's slacks... good times.

Chelsea T. said...

Haha yeah. Staropoli made so much fun of him too. It was amazing.